Christian music
Musician
2009-04-09 03:04:12 UTC
Hello,
I'm interested in spreading christianity in new ways , and I thought about
christian music. Nowadays there existe diffrent sorts of christian music
like christian rock or hip hop. Which one is the best to make children in
age of 16 interested in christianity? I don't know witch music do the
exactly are now listening to but I think it's some kind of hip hop.
Greetings
Jan B.
My personal favorite is Bach. Children love Bach. I know I did as a child.
And I still do, as much now as ever.

Musician
Ioannis
2009-04-09 07:26:38 UTC
Post by Musician
Hello,
I'm interested in spreading christianity in new ways , and I thought about
christian music. Nowadays there existe diffrent sorts of christian music
like christian rock or hip hop. Which one is the best to make children in
age of 16 interested in christianity? I don't know witch music do the
exactly are now listening to but I think it's some kind of hip hop.
Greetings
Jan B.
My personal favorite is Bach. Children love Bach. I know I did as a child.
And I still do, as much now as ever.
If more children, teenagers and adults were listening to Bach, the world would
be a better place.

Wait, not just "a better place". Make that "Heaven".
Post by Musician
Musician
Ioannis --- "There's _always_ a mistake, somewhere."
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
2009-04-09 20:14:33 UTC
Post by Musician
Hello,
I'm interested in spreading christianity in new ways , and I thought about
christian music. Nowadays there existe diffrent sorts of christian music
like christian rock or hip hop. Which one is the best to make children in
age of 16 interested in christianity? I don't know witch music do the
exactly are now listening to but I think it's some kind of hip hop.
Greetings
Jan B.
My personal favorite is Bach. Children love Bach. I know I did as a child.
And I still do, as much now as ever.
Musician
Bach, Beethoven, Gounod, Faure, Vaughan-Williams, Randall Thompson, any
of the English composers of choral music recorded by King's College -
just stay away from the alleged "Contemporary Christian" crap that
supplies more-or-less religious text to basically "pop" music! There
was a time when composers strove to give the BEST of their talent to
God, in the form of devotional music. (Maybe that "best" wasn't always
very good, but it certainly surpassed most of what comprises
Contemporary Christian "music" nowadays!)
Walter Bushell
2009-04-10 20:13:51 UTC
Post by EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
Post by Musician
[...]
Marshall McLuhan what are they doing. In this case of "Contemporary
Christian" the music is the massage.
John W Kennedy
2009-04-12 03:23:50 UTC
Post by EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
Bach, Beethoven, Gounod, Faure, Vaughan-Williams, Randall Thompson, any
of the English composers of choral music recorded by King's College -
just stay away from the alleged "Contemporary Christian" crap that
supplies more-or-less religious text to basically "pop" music! There was
a time when composers strove to give the BEST of their talent to God, in
the form of devotional music. (Maybe that "best" wasn't always very
good, but it certainly surpassed most of what comprises Contemporary
Christian "music" nowadays!)
If you can sincerely recommend that oafish vulgarian, Gounod, it puts
the remainder of your opinion into serious question.
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
2009-04-12 20:44:32 UTC
Post by John W Kennedy
Post by EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
Bach, Beethoven, Gounod, Faure, Vaughan-Williams, Randall Thompson, any
of the English composers of choral music recorded by King's College -
just stay away from the alleged "Contemporary Christian" crap that
supplies more-or-less religious text to basically "pop" music! There was
a time when composers strove to give the BEST of their talent to God, in
the form of devotional music. (Maybe that "best" wasn't always very
good, but it certainly surpassed most of what comprises Contemporary
Christian "music" nowadays!)
If you can sincerely recommend that oafish vulgarian, Gounod, it puts
the remainder of your opinion into serious question.
"Oafish vulgarian" or not, his music (even the religious portion) is far
superior to anything touted as "Contemporary Christian" music nowadays!!!!
John W Kennedy
2009-04-13 00:00:24 UTC
Post by John W Kennedy
Post by EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
Bach, Beethoven, Gounod, Faure, Vaughan-Williams, Randall Thompson, any
of the English composers of choral music recorded by King's College -
just stay away from the alleged "Contemporary Christian" crap that
supplies more-or-less religious text to basically "pop" music! There was
a time when composers strove to give the BEST of their talent to God, in
the form of devotional music. (Maybe that "best" wasn't always very
good, but it certainly surpassed most of what comprises Contemporary
Christian "music" nowadays!)
If you can sincerely recommend that oafish vulgarian, Gounod, it puts
the remainder of your opinion into serious question.
"Oafish vulgarian" or not, his music (even the religious portion) is far
superior to anything touted as "Contemporary Christian" music nowadays!!!!
Gounod's religious music is the equivalent of a painting of Jesus
crucified between two kittens on black velvet.
--
John W. Kennedy
"The people who hanged Christ never, to do them justice, accused him of
-- Dorothy L. Sayers
Walter Bushell
Crucified kittens, that would be kitty p0rn.
Mack A. Damia
2009-04-19 03:09:31 UTC
Post by Musician
Hello,
I'm interested in spreading christianity in new ways , and I thought about
christian music. Nowadays there existe diffrent sorts of christian music
like christian rock or hip hop. Which one is the best to make children in
age of 16 interested in christianity? I don't know witch music do the
exactly are now listening to but I think it's some kind of hip hop.
Greetings
Jan B.
My personal favorite is Bach. Children love Bach. I know I did as a child.
And I still do, as much now as ever.
Musician
A wonderful time to begin is Easter with Handel's Messiah. When you
get to the Halleluja chorus, you can tell children that Handel worked
feverishly for twenty-five hours alone in his room, and at the end,
came out holding the music of which he said, "I thought I saw the face
of God".

Other arias, etc. taken from verses of the Bible.

Next year....
mad
Mike
2009-05-03 23:02:16 UTC
Hello,
I'm interested in spreading christianity in new ways , and I thought about
christian music. Nowadays there existe diffrent sorts of christian music
like christian rock or hip hop. Which one is the best to make children in
age of 16 interested in christianity? I don't know witch music do the
exactly are now listening to but I think it's some kind of hip hop.
First, this place is supposed to be about classical music. Second,
the thought of using music to brainwash young people into corrosive
superstition just about makes me gag.