Which piece of Bach is this?
Adam
2009-03-19 21:20:21 UTC
It's the theme tune to 80s series Juliet Bravo.

Giorgio Vecchi
2009-03-20 09:12:47 UTC
Post by Adam
It's the theme tune to 80s series Juliet Bravo.
http://youtu.be/c2FhucKlaho
A couple of Bach's works that somewhat resemble that tune (but no one is
exactly the same) are:

from Mattheus-Passion, recitative no. 71 the mood by Jesus "Eli, Eli, lama
lama asabthani!"

from Johannes Passion, coro no. 67, "Ruth wohl"

Giorgio
Ioannis
2009-03-20 18:06:37 UTC
Post by Adam
It's the theme tune to 80s series Juliet Bravo.
http://youtu.be/c2FhucKlaho
What makes you think it's Bach?
--
Ioannis --- "There's _always_ a mistake, somewhere."
Chaos --- <http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/>
Adam
2009-03-20 22:13:52 UTC
Post by Ioannis
Post by Adam
It's the theme tune to 80s series Juliet Bravo.
http://youtu.be/c2FhucKlaho
What makes you think it's Bach?
--
Ioannis --- "There's _always_ a mistake, somewhere."
Chaos --- <http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/>
I've seen the sheet music - the arranger, Derek Goom, doesn't credit
himself at all, just J.S. Bach. Or maybe he just thought it was?
Ioannis
2009-03-21 13:10:06 UTC
Post by Adam
Post by Ioannis
Post by Adam
It's the theme tune to 80s series Juliet Bravo.
http://youtu.be/c2FhucKlaho
What makes you think it's Bach?
--
Ioannis --- "There's _always_ a mistake, somewhere."
Chaos --- <http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/>
I've seen the sheet music - the arranger, Derek Goom, doesn't credit
himself at all, just J.S. Bach. Or maybe he just thought it was?
Have you perhaps thought that it may simply be a tribute to J.S. Bach, BY Derek
Goom?
Edward Lilley
2009-03-25 23:56:49 UTC
To me it sounds slightly like a speeded up version of the opening chorus
of BWV 12 (Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen).
Or maybe I'm thinking of another cantata movement with a melodic line &
lots of tension (there are quite a few).
--
$ fortune | newspeak
BOFH excuse #39:
Hail Big Brother!
oscar levant jr.
2009-03-27 18:50:45 UTC
Post by Edward Lilley
To me it sounds slightly like a speeded up version of the opening chorus
of BWV 12 (Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen).
Or maybe I'm thinking of another cantata movement with a melodic line &
lots of tension (there are quite a few).
Umm....what piece are you referring to..?