FA: 12 string bass lute (circa 1900)
Arcangelo Spumoni
2007-09-11 14:48:14 UTC
http://snipr.com/BassLute
Mark & Steven Bornfeld
2007-09-11 14:54:50 UTC
Post by Arcangelo Spumoni
http://snipr.com/BassLute
Michael, what is this--it looks like a guitar-lute with bourdon
strings. Is it a lute, or more like a harp-guitar? The frets look like
metal.
Nice looking piece of wood, I'll give him that.

Steve
--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
718-258-5001
Benoit Meulle-Stef
2007-09-11 16:53:47 UTC
It's a basslaute. I had a dozen of them this last years... It's a
classical instrument from Germany and Austria. You find them with 10
or 12 strings. The neck is tuned like a guitar and the basses:
D,C,B,A (G and F).
Cheers
Benoit
Mark & Steven Bornfeld
2007-09-11 17:02:18 UTC
Post by Benoit Meulle-Stef
It's a basslaute. I had a dozen of them this last years... It's a
classical instrument from Germany and Austria. You find them with 10
D,C,B,A (G and F).
Cheers
Benoit
Thanks Ben!