Request
Gizziello
2007-11-19 11:16:03 UTC
Hello, I'm looking for the score of the trio BWV Anh.187. Has anyone
this score?
Or where can I find it?

Thanks Veronica...
Arthur Ness
2007-11-20 17:24:14 UTC
Where did you find a reference to this work? Is there a recording?

I cannot find any trio in d minor by CPEBach. BWV Anh 187 is a thematic
incipit from Part III of the Breitkopf thematic catalogue of 1763. The
theme is given three times, attr. to "C. F. E. Bach" (page 12), "di S.
Bach" (page 24) and "di Bach" (page 31).

The work is first listed (page 12) as the sixth of six trio sonatas by
CPEBach and the instrumentation says it is for "Fagotto oblig., Flauto basso
& Cembalo." It is entirely possible that the work is lost, and known only
from the thematic incipit.

So what is your reference?
--
==AJN
Boston, Mass.
Thanks Veronica...
Gizziello
2007-11-26 16:01:42 UTC
I refer to a trio for flute, bassoon and viola by Carl Philipp
Emanuel, but attribuited to Johann Sebastian Bach...
Arthur Ness
2007-11-27 23:53:34 UTC
What you want is the Triosonate in F-Dur (NOT D minor!!!) by C. P. E.
Bach, Wq 163 / H. 588. This is the work references as BWV Anh 187.
There is an edition by Amadeus (Winterthur)
for viola, bass recorder and continuo, but there seems to be confusion
about the original instrumentation for this sonata. There
is another edition published by Moeck (the recorder manufacturer).

You cited BWV Anh 187 from the Breitkopf catalogue (1763) and a
manuscript in Holland at the Royal Library in The Hague gives Bass
flute, Bassoon
and Cembalo (See

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/66573831&tab=details

You've mixed them up. There are three versions:
(1) In B flat for two violins and continuo (Wq 159)
(2) In F for bassoon, bass recorder and continuo (Wq 163/BWV Anh 187)
(3) In F for viola, bass recorder and continuo (Wq 164)

If you're in the U.S., you might contact Sue Class at J.W. Pepper
(music dealers).

***@jwpepper.com

One CD says it is for Sun Flute. That's the "translation" for the
Swedish "Solflojt"
(Flute in Sol/G)!!! Maybe that's an instrument they play in Ruhestan.
According to an American band encyclopedia article, a conductor of the
Garde Republicaine upon reaching the age of 65 continued to conduct
bands in Ruhestan (presumably near Afghanistan?). There are punsters
all over, and they don't even know how talented they really are!<g>
Arthur Ness