Can you help me ID this Cantata?
Richard Crist
2007-04-03 01:39:55 UTC
Can anyone tell me which of Bach's Cantatas this beautiful, rousing, melody
is from? (I don't know the actual key):

c f a c' a f c d d d d d d

with stress on the f, c', f, etc. All the notes are quarter notes, except
for the second and third d's, which are eighth notes (or values that produce
the same rhythm).

I'd love to get it on CD, but haven't been able to I.D. it.

Thanks.

Richard Crist
Jean-Francois Gobin
2007-04-28 16:53:30 UTC
Hello,

You can use the Parsons code :

http://fr.musipedia.org/index.php?id=105&L=5

The parsons code is uuudddur

Which lead to only one exact correspondance :

Bach, Johann Sebastian: St John Passion N°. 34 Zerfließe, mein Herze
Richard Crist
2007-04-29 04:02:13 UTC
Thank you for the suggestion. But, if I'm remembering this melody correctly
(and it's definitely possible that I'm not), the whole code would be
UUUDDDURRRRR, and no exact correspondance to this can be found on the site.
The site, which I was not familiar with, looks like a great resource,
however.
Hello,